Not only did the water stay level with the fixed leaks, but after letting it sit for a few hours I came back to find the water level had risen. My manometer hooked up to my fuel tank was now behaving as a very fancy barometer.

I quick check of the weather page showed a nice steady rise in barometric pressure for the corresponding time period.
      Unfortunately, I did manage to strip one of the supplied fuel strainers that attache to the tanks.  I chased the threads on the fitting in the tank and found that they were fine, it was just the strainer threads.  I sent off for a new one and all is now fine.